woensdag 7 mei 2008

Black Kids

Black Kids are an American band consisting of five members, of which only two are actually - somewhat - black. Doesn't really matter anyway, since all we can think of anymore is their extremely lovable debut single 'I'm not gonna teach your boyfriend how to dance with you'. What immediately strikes the listener is the huge resemblance to The Cure. Black Kids exceed in melancholic lyrics, vocals and synths, just like Robert Smith and his companions do. Still they have a very modern sound of their own, which makes it never boring to listen to their music.

Black Kids - "I'm not gonna teach your boyfriend how to dance with you"


Great songs attract many followers. The most famous Black Kids cover so far is a version of "I'm not gonna teach your boyfriend how to dance with you" by Kate Nash. I don't like it as much as the original, but I appreciate the fact she's trying to 'innovate' the song in her style.

Geen opmerkingen: